Tuesday 15 December 2015

Watching Miracle on 34th Street

In my opinion, it is not the Christmas holidays unless Miracle on 34th Street has been watched! I find it so hard to believe that there are some people who haven't seen this absolute classic and feel good Christmas film and even more surprisingly, I know at least four people who haven't seen it! 

For those who have not seen Miracle on 34th Street, first of all, what are you doing? And secondly, I'll give you a little synopsis of the story line. The film is centered around a six year old called Susan who wants to believe in Santa like everybody else but her mother wants to keep her grounded and an elderly man called Kris Kringle who is hired as the Santa for the department store managed by Susan's mother. Over time, more and more people believe that Kris Kringle is the real Santa which cause the store sales to massively increase. In an attempt to prevent the stores sales Kris is threatened and exploited and finally arrested and portrayed as mentally unstable because he too believes that he is Santa. After Kris brought the Christmas spirit back into their family, Susan, her mother and a family friend Bryan all jump to help defend Kris when he is taken to court.

I have watched this film for years after I was shown it when I was very young. I love this film and it is definitely one of the best Christmas films out there so I thought  I would share it with some people.


On Tuesday evenings I help teach St Andrew's First Aid Cadets and I originally planned to teach them about injuries they would see in increase in during the winter months, like fractures and breaks, hypothermia and different type of wounds from falling but only one of the six cadets turned up tonight. The rest all had school shows or dances. So instead of getting her mum to come and collect her, I put Miracle on 34th Street on, turned the heating up and made us cups of tea because I knew she had never seen it before. I brought my laptop and a few Christmas films with me just in case there was only a couple of cadets and just as well I did. She absolutely loved the film and went home with the intention of making her mum watch it with her again tomorrow. There are a couple of classic Christmas films that she hasn't seen but now that she has nearly finished school for the holidays she is going to make her way through them.

As for the other people I know that haven't seen some of the most traditional, classic, feel good Christmas films out there, you will definitely be getting made to watch all of them, with cups of tea and snacks of course! Tonight was the first Christmas film I had sat down to watch this year and now I want to watch all of them at once. The next one I'll watch will probably be Jack Frost, another great, classic, Christmas film. I couldn't possible pick a favourite from all the amazing Christmas films out there, it's just too hard! 

Tomorrow I'm planning on having a Criminal Minds day so my friend and I can catch up with season 11 - we have been saving all the episodes so we can just binge watch them all. I know it isn't very festive to spend the whole day watching criminals but it's the best show ever and besides I'll have my advent calendar which is festive. Speaking of which, today's box was massive! I had to build a table from the pieces in the box to put the boxes of presents from yesterday on and there was a little radio in there too. I think we are exchanging gifts tomorrow as well so that should be really good. Thanks for reading my 15th blogmas post!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment