Saturday 19 December 2015

Coffee, Shopping & The Wrapping Begins

The town centre on a Saturday is busy enough never mind it being so close to Christmas, yet me and my mum thought today would be a great day to go and get last minute things like Christmas money wallets and chocolates. Five and a half hours it took us because it was so incredibly busy and we only went in a few shops! We did get absolutely everything we needed though, well we hope we did anyways, if not then tough because we are definitely not heading out into that madness again until Boxing Day.

We went into town aiming to go into five shops: Tesco, Wilkinson's, Boots, Card Factory and Primark. Naturally the was a little trip to Costa for some food and a coffee squeezed in there since everybody needs a coffee break. After we got wrapping paper, money wallets and gift bags in the Card Factory, a new toaster from Wilkinson's and some candles from Primark, Costa was definitely calling our names.


I haven't actually had any of the festive drinks from Costa yet this year so I was intrigued to see if they had anything new. They had a few new drinks but in the end I went with a Gingerbread Latte. I was tempted by the Sticky Toffee Latte but I didn't really fancy anything that sweet. My mum got a Peach Iced Lemonade which is her absolute favourite but she did try my latte too, she wasn't too keen. To go with my latte, I got one of their chicken fajita wraps which are amazing and my mum got a plain old cheese and ham toastie but also a sneaky lemon muffin (another of her favourites).

After our Costa break, we only had two more shops to go! In Boots, the main thing to be picked up was a gift card for one of my mum's friends. However, No7 had a promotion on so we couldn't help ourselves. For any two products you bought, you got a free gift box and normally things like that have rubbish products as the free gift but on this occasion they were really good! I picked an item to be put mum's stocking and she did the same for me so we don't know what each other has got just yet and we shared the contents of the gift box and put those products in our stockings to save for Christmas too. 

Tesco was going to be the real challenge, ee had to get all the chocolate gifts for not only people who help my Nana, but for all of my family and extended family as well. We ended up with eight boxes of Ferrero Roche and four boxes of After Eights for the people who help out with my Nana and a whole bunch of chocolate for us as well, including eight Malteser Reindeer gift boxes for the first aid cadets as a little Christmas gift. I wrapped the cadets gift extremely cute and even attached a little Gingerbread man that they can put on their Christmas trees afterwards too!



So far I have wrapped all the edible items that people are getting for Christmas; tomorrow I will tackle the rest of the gifts, including the ones I've got for my mum, dad and brother. It's going to be a long day because there is A LOT of stuff to wrap. People normally hate wrapping presents but I actually quite enjoy it, I can make sure everything is wrapped perfectly and looks pretty, plus time goes by quite quickly when you have loads of Christmas films to watch. My mum normally leaves me alone for the whole day just to get on with everything so that is a complete bonus! I'm planning on getting up at a reasonable time tomorrow morning but going by what my sleeping pattern has been like, that might be a little difficult. I've got lot's to do tomorrow so let's hope I manage to get it all done. There was lot's of little toys and another little backpack waiting for me in my advent calendar today, only five more days to open and the Santa's Workshop scene will be finished! 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment