Sunday 20 December 2015

Christmas Crafts

My living room is full of Christmas decorations, as is my conservatory, but my dining room was looking a little bare in my opinion. Which is why when I was shopping yesterday I picked up two silver frames and a gift bag which sounds silly but an idea popped into my head the moment I seen the gift bag. I had glitter and glue and home already and in my head these four things together were going to work perfectly. It does sounds a bit strange but this is what I came up with.


I bought two frames because there was a pretty Winter scene on each side of the bag. I cut out each scene and measured them against the frame. Once I had gotten the sizing right, I added some subtle silver, white and black glitter to different parts of the scene. To cover the holes at the top of each scene from where the ribbon handles had been, all I did was simply tape a piece of white card over the back of them. To add some final finishing touches, I found a white and dark grey pencil and added some darker shading and highlight to some parts of the picture. Once I was happy with the subtle changes, I added the picture to the frame and secured it in with a little more tape. 

My mum absolutely loved the finished look of the pictures and didn't believe that it was a simple gift bag beforehand. I was going to add some snow spray to the glass but I couldn't find any more in the house but I do think the picture would look even better with a little snow spray so I might have to make one last trip into town. It's hard to believe that something so pretty and elegant looking started off as a bag, I've even had some people asking me to make one for them too! I really liked making these to put in the dining room and I'm definitely going to keep doing similar things throughout the seasons. Present wrapping has also progressed because I'm nearly done! By tomorrow I should be completely finished despite most likely needing to pick up even more wrapping paper. 

Today in my advent calendar I got a little scooter. It really is starting to feel like Christmas even though we don't have snow. I've been working my way through Christmas films finishing today off with Love Actually, which I have never seen before (I know, I'm a disgrace). Tomorrow I plan to watch Jack Frost, The Santa Clause and The Holiday (which I have also never seen) and drink numerous cups of tea off course.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment