Saturday 5 December 2015

Christmas Jumpers and Christmas Party

So I have 7 Christmas jumpers (yes 7!) and I couldn't decide which one to wear for the Christmas party I was going to tonight. It was the St Andrew's First Aid company Christmas party tonight with our cadets joining us as well. I had quite a few options to choose from as you can see. I know it seems a little over the top to have 7 (and I may have 8 by this time tomorrow thanks to Rosie and her awesome jumper) but they have all been gathered over a couple of years so it makes it okay.


My Christmas jumpers are from a couple of different places, both the pug jumper (£12.99) and the cream and mint green patterned jumper (on sale for £7) are from New Look an the green Christmas house scene with the candy canes on the shoulders (which I believe Zoella owns) is from Primark (£10). The last 4 jumpers are all from random little shops in my town and where all between £8 and £10. The jumper I decided on was the Primark Christmas scene one and of course I wore the glittery reindeer antlers that are in the picture as well (they had bells on them!).

Tonight's Christmas party was a success and in my opinion much better than what our Christmas night was last year. I brought my Wii and loads of games, giant jenga and twister and we had the place all decorated with crackers, festive table cloths, streamers, tinsel and had the Christmas music playing in the background of course. Everybody showed up with Christmas jumpers on and looked great!  Giant jenga proved to be a huge hit despite us not being able to make a game last more than 5 minutes and twister was great (more like painful) as well. It was when it was time to play the Wii that it was my turn to shine because it's the only thing I am good at, especially Just Dance and Mario Kart. The cadets made a bad choice with those games because I definitely wasn't going easy on them! Just Dance was great fun and hilarious when we managed to convince certain people to join in to Beyonce - Crazy in Love. We made the very wise decision to play Just Dance before the food arrived instead of after, I could just imagine what that would have been like... Our local Chinese would have absolutely loved us with the 11 meals plus starters that we ordered! The box our delivery can in was massive! Nobody could finish their food so that's tomorrow night's dinner sorted. After dinner we had a mini Christmas quiz which became very competitive very quickly (so not my fault). My team did have very, very competitive people on it which is probably why we won. As the cadets are only young the Christmas party ended around 21:30 which was a shame because of how much fun we were having, there was about 30 minutes worth of cleaning up to do though so it was probably just as well it finished quite early. After the cadets had all went home and all the mess was cleaned up, what better way to end the night than sitting with crisps and juice, watching Casualty? No alcohol, no pubs  or clubs, just sitting with junk food and a medical drama, that's how us first aiders role and i definitely prefer that.

Tonight was such a great night and I am really glad that the football match that was scheduled for the early afternoon was cancelled and allowed us to make everything perfect for the party instead of first aiding in the rain. Everyone had a really good time and looking forward to Christmas even more now. 

Today in my advent calendar I got a little pram with a little baby doll, it's adorable and I got to build the pram! Thanks for reading my 5th day of blogmas and come back tomorrow for day 6! (Spoiler - I may or may not be going shopping).
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment