Friday 4 December 2015

Decorating for Christmas and Festive Fun

Today I went to two Christmas light switch on events as a first aider. Yesterday I was at another one and it makes me think back to when I was a child going to see the big massive Christmas tree be  switched on by Santa. Back then the council fully decorated the tree with tinsel and baubles but now they just put lights on it. There are always games, music, mince pies, shortbread, singing and occasionally reindeer at these events. The children absolutely love it and participate in everything. Learning dances at school to perform for their parents and community and the school choir learning all the songs to sing in the carol singing performance. Watching all the children sing, dance and play games, all having fun makes me wish I was still a child - with the only worry being learning the songs and dances for the Christmas light switch on. The choir was really good and the dances that the children learned were adorable. Afterwards I heard a few children say to their parents on their way home "lets put more of our decorations up" and instantly all I wanted to do was to go home and start making my room look christmasy.

After university today I browsed a couple of shops and picked up a few Christmas presents and maybe some more decorative things for my room as well - they were too cute to leave!


The first things I picked up was this pillow which is super soft and I love the saying on it! The pillow was from Primark and was only £4, I was quite surprised at the lack of festive pillows in Primark this year but at least I found one pillow I liked (just means I'll need to try the other Primarks near me). I also got a set of LED lights from Primark which were only £1.50! I broke my old lights that were star shaped so I needed a replacement and fairy lights make everything more festive. Colouring books are becoming hugely popular and I do have a few myself and enjoy them a lot (they help with stress). Naturally it was a must that I owned a Christmas colouring book plus some of the pages are beautiful which does make me reluctant to colour them in but we'll see. As you can see, I also have festive bedding (another must) I got this about ten days ago from a catalogue my mum orders from and it was only £5.99 for a single. I don't think I could have picked anything more festive especially since every word associated with Christmas is written on my bed sheets.
The last thing I picked up today was the figure skating boot tree ornament. I used to be a figure skater and I do really miss it and would absolutely love to go back to it again; because skating means so much to me, I have been looking for the perfect ornament and I finally found it! I found this one in Marks and Spencers for £3 which some might think is a little expensive for one little ornament (it is a lot smaller than it seems in the picture) but I wasn't hesitating for one moment before buying it. In Tesco a few weeks ago with my mum led me to discover that their Christmas isle had made an appearance, it was tempting me with all the cute woodland creatures and feathers and glitter, so I caved. I ended up getting not one little reindeer, but three little reindeer. All the ornaments were on 3 for 2 so it made sense. My mum also seen a little Merry Christmas sign that she liked so I picked up the two little wooden sledges with the forest detailing on them. Tesco is really cheap for decorations and has a lot of variety, I am just super fussy and everything has to be perfect - it took me long enough to decide on which three reindeers to get! 

I am continuing to make my room and the rest of my house super festive tomorrow and hopefully it should be finished! I am really busy tomorrow with first aiding and organising the cadets Christmas fun night as well, which I think I am looking forward to more than them! I just need to decide which of my 7 (yes 7) Christmas jumpers to wear. Today in my advent calendar I got the cutest little elf wearing a little green hat! Well that's blogmas day 4, I hope you enjoyed it and come back for day 5 tomorrow!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment