Tuesday 29 December 2015

Boxing Day Sales Haul

Last year at the Boxing Day Sales, I bought A LOT of clothes and a few bath and body bits, this year it was the complete opposite. Most of the items I bought in the sales ended up being online and haven't actually been delivered yet but all the Lush and Body Shop products I bought in store, so I have them.

The first thing that I bought online was a juicer. I have been wanting a juicer for at least a year, I do have a pretty good blender but it's not the same. I've been nagging my mum to let me buy one for ages and she finally agreed on Boxing Day when we found a juicer reduced from £109.99 down to £29.99 on Amazon, plus it had really good reviews, so we bought it. I cannot wait to start using it!


When we went shopping in Braehead quite early on Boxing Day and the first place we went to was New Look. As mentioned in a previous post I normally spend a lot of time and money in New Look, this year I wasn't that bothered and I only purchased two things. I bought black dungarees because I have been wanting a pair to wear in the winter months for ages, they just seem like such a staple item. I also bought another flannel shirt, I probably have too many flannel shirts now but they are really nice and I suit them, plus they go with everything, so why not? The sizes I needed in these items weren't in stock in the shop but the woman serving me kindly ordered them online for me and arranged for the clothes to be delivered to my house, they are not here yet but they should be very soon. The dungarees were reduced from £34.99 to £14 and the flannel shirt was reduced from £29.99 to £14. It was a good deal, especially since the materials felt like really good quality and was thick but also soft, perfect for colder weather!


Lush was where I spent most of my money and the shop was so busy! There was a queue out the door and round the corner! The workers even had to use a one in, one out system to keep crowds to a minimum. Nevertheless, I got some amazing deals. I always stock up on Lush products on Boxing Day because of how pricey the products can be normally. The Christmas Gift Sets were on sale as well as the bath bombs this year and basically everything was half price. 

I managed to pick my mum up a gift set full of the products she likes - Candy Mountain Bubble Bar, Rockstar Soap, Luxury Lush Pud and Snow Fairy Shower Gel, can you tell she favours the sweet scents? We picked her up a good few bath bombs as well, including three Butter Bears, another Candy Mountain Bubble Bar, two So White bath bombs, three Magic Star bath bombs and a Magic Wand Bubble Bar. We also picked up my brother some bath bombs since he is a huge (secret) Lush fan. We got him three Butter Bears, a Luxury Lush Pud, two Reach for the Star bath bombs, three So White bath bombs and two of the Magic Star bath bombs. 

Now I'm the one who really went a little crazy and got loads of products. I managed to find the two gift sets that I had really wanted for Christmas; the Butter Bear Tin that comes with six Butter Bear bath bombs inside the cutest tin ever and the Christmas Favourites gift set which has a Peeping Santa bubble bar, a Father Christmas bath bomb, a Dashing Santa bath bomb and a Golden Wonder bath bomb. I was so lucky to get these gift sets as they where 50% off and the last ones there! I bought each gift set for only £7.50! Outwith the gift sets I also picked up quite a few bath bombs (understatement) and a medium bottle of Snow Fairy. I picked up two So White bath bombs, two Cinder bath bombs, another three Butter Bears, three more Father Christmases, two Candy Mountain bubble bars, two Magic Wand bubble bars and a Luxury Lush Pud. When Lush has a 50% sale, you have to make the most of it.


The Body Shop was next and I knew exactly what I was looking for so we were in and out of the shop in under five minutes. I picked up a few of the Glazed Apple scented products as it is one of my favourite scents and it had dropped in price by 40%. I got two shower gels, a hand cream and a lip balm and I cannot wait to start using them. Another scent I love from The Body Shop is the Virgin Mojito which is a really citrus and fresh scent. They still had the Body Scrub and the Body Moisturiser left in this scent and they were also reduced, so I bought them.

The last shop we went to before we had to rush home was Schuh, mainly to find my brother a pair of decent trainers for his 18th and me a pair of all black converse. We found Stuart a really nice pair of trainers but they didn't have much of a selection of their Converse trainers on sale so I got a pair of Vans instead. I have never really been interested in Vans as I much prefer Converse but when I saw these reduced from £54.99 to £34.99, it was tempting. It was the fact that I got a further £8 off because I am a student that sealed the deal. All in all, I only paid £25.99 for the Vans. I just couldn't resist them, especially when they are navy and checkered, exactly my style!


Despite having to leave the shopping centre after only a couple of hours shopping, I got some amazing deals and I am completely happy with what I purchased. I just can't wait for everything to arrive! The Juicer will definitely come in very handy for when I try to be healthier and I cannot wait to start using it! I didn't spend as much money as I did last year and I certainly didn't buy as many clothes as last year either but I really wasn't that interested in the clothes this year at all, it was all about the bath bombs and the Juicer!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment