Thursday 3 December 2015

Can you really have one favourite Christmas film?

Some people like to start getting into the festive spirit in the middle of November and start watching Christmas films then, I am one of those people - well I do wait until the last week in November so that's a bit better. My mum on the other hand is the least excitable person when it comes to Christmas, she has her one favourite Christmas film that she will watch at least three times but apart from that she doesn't really make a fuss. I used to be like that, not really making a fuss over Christmas but over the last couple of years I've been embracing it more and more. I have 30+ Christmas DVD's most of which I really really like but there are always those favourites that will be watched more than once.

'The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus' is without a doubt one of my all time favourite Christmas films and barely anybody has even heard of it! It's amazing! I used to watch it relentlessly when I was younger on our VHS tape, so much so we had to replace the tape. The film is based around this forest called Burzee where magical creatures like pixie's live. A human baby is found in the forest and is looked after by one of the more motherly pixies. When the boy grows up, he ventures outside of the forest he has grown up in and into the human world where he discovers he has a talent of carving toys out of wood and turns his talent into a way of bringing joy to children. I love this film and it is very unknown and extremely underrated! I would even go as far to say that this is my favourite Christmas film.

There are so many great Christmas films out there. These are just a few of the many films I watch every single year. The Santa Clause 1, 2 and 3 are absolute Christmas classics as well as Home Alone 1 and 2. These films are a definite must during December, they are just such feel good great family films. Jack Frost and Miracle on 34th Street are also classics Christmas films I grew up with that are great and I will be watching them with my kids in the future. A few years ago my family and I went to see The Polar Express in the cinema, it was probably one of the last times we actually all went to the cinema together and it was on Christmas Eve, so now, every year on Christmas Eve we all watch The Polar Express together. This is probably the only family time we get to spend together these days so it's always looked forward to. Another few films that I really enjoy over the holidays are less known but still really great films: Four Christmases, Jingle All The Way, Fred Claus and Rudolph. Four Christmases is more of a comedy than a traditional Christmas movie but is a good film nevertheless (plus it has Reese Witherspoon in it and she is an amazing actress). Fred Claus, Jingle All The Way and Rudolph are more traditional and if you haven't seen them then you are going wrong and need to get them all watched. Obviously Elf is one of the best Christmas films as well but I feel it unnecessary to mention it because it is so good.

Isn't it just impossible to only have one favourite Christmas film? Today in my advent calendar I got a little saxophone and recorder, a little toy fish and another toy doll to add onto the shelves. Thanks for reading my Blogmas Day 3, come back tomorrow for day 4!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment