Thursday 10 December 2015

Finally Seeing Def Leppard!

Every one is brought up listening to music their parents like, for me that was mainly Abba (blame my mother) and Def Leppard (a much better choice from my dad there). I did end up liking both groups but without a doubt Def Leppard where the preference. The are still around today despite all the members being in their 50's. My dad and brother first saw them live together back in 2008. They saw them again in 2011 but I never got to either of the concerts. This time last year, my brother and I managed to get three tickets (finally one for me!) for their 2015 tour. The band have been touring the world non stop since January and tonight they performed in Glasgow.

Tonight there was two support bands, Black Star Riders (who I had never heard of) and Whitesnake. Even though I had never heard of Black Star Riders before, they were actually not bad. Whitesnake were good even though I only knew three of the songs they performed and my brother caught the guitarists own personal guitar plectrum - he was incredibly chuffed with that.



Def Leppard didn't come on stage until about 21:30 but they were well worth the wait! Despite all members being in their 50's they put on an amazing show with all their classics and a couple of new songs thrown in the mix too. I have been waiting eight years (since my brother first seen them) to see these guys live and I was certainly not disappointed. We got barrier standing positions and everything, meaning we were super close to the band and my brothers favourite member pointed and winked at him, he nearly died on the spot. They performed a good hour and twenty minutes and I swear they all had different guitars for each song!


Tonight was such a great night and I didn't get home until 01:00am after a much needed Mcdonalds pit stop, which is why today's Blogmas post is a little later than normal. Today in my advent calendar there was more little lights to put in the little bucket I got yesterday and right now I would love nothing more than to wrap up in my duvet and go to sleep but I have my final mini exam at uni tomorrow so I should probably study at least a little... or watch some vlogmas videos. After tomorrow I am free of uni and I'll get to finish my room and share how festive my house is!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment