Wednesday 5 October 2016

Blogtober Day 4 | Unidays Student Event

If you are a student then you will have heard of Unidays. If you are a student and you haven't heard of Unidays then you are missing out some serious discounts and deals. If you haven't already, it's definitely worth checking out! Save yourself some money if you can.

As I have mentioned before, I go to Glasgow Caledonian University. Once a year, the main shopping centre's around Glasgow host a student evening when most shops offer massive discounts and freebies to all students. I've never actually went to one of these events before but this year I certainly wasn't missing out. 

Loads of shops had deals on, from New Look and Topshop to Thomas Sabo and Pandora! There was free food from Nando's and smoothies from Fuel being handed out. It was great atmosphere and I certainly took advantage of discounts being offered!

Surprisingly enough, I never bought any clothes during this shopping spree! The first place I headed to was SuperDrug, I wanted to check out the new Zoella Lifestyle range and to see if there were any of her other products on offer. As luck would have it, my favourite product of hers was on sale! The Scrubbing Me Softly Body Scrub is a favourite of mine, I love the scent and how smooth it makes my skin feel. Normally it is £8 but it was on offer for £2.50 so I couldn't resist! I also picked up the Candy Cream Body Lotion in the same scent for only £1. I've never used this product before but for £1 it's definitely worth a try! I am getting more into my skincare and trying to find out what works best for me so I picked up some self-heating face masks to try. I've never tried a self-heating face mask before so I'm looking forward to using them.

Next I went to The Body Shop in search for some of their Body Sorbets as they were offering a 30% discount. My mum was given the Tangerine Body Sorbet from a friend and gave it to me. I'd never used the Body Sorbet's before but after one use I fell in love with them. The scents are gorgeous, the texture is not too thick or greasy, it drys quick on the skin and your skin is left feeling incredibly moisturised and smelling fresh. I picked up three more Body Sorbets in the scents Pink Grape Fruit, Fuji Green Tea and Moringa and I cannot wait to try them, especially since I am taking more care with my skin.

Next I nipped into Claire's Accessories to pick up some head bands and bobbles, I always prefer the bobbles from Claire's because I have a lot of very thick and very curly hair. Most bobbles are not big enough for me to use properly but the Claire's ones are great so whenever I can, I pop and and pick up a few more. 

As you can see from the picture above, I bought a Zumba game for the Nintendo Wii. I'm not ashamed to admit that I love the Just Dance games for the Wii, they are one of the few games that I am actually good at! I also used to go to a Zumba class with one of my friends and I loved it but due to uni commitments, I had to give it up. When I seen this game it seemed like the perfect solution. I can dance about to the Zumba game almost as if I was attending a class but I can do it whenever it suits me and from the comfort of my own home. It was a win, win situation!

Back in the July of this year, I turned 21 and one of the gifts I received from my first aid family was a Thomas Sabo charm bracelet. There was four charms already carefully chosen for me on the bracelet and my aunt added another to it on my birthday. This left two spaces on the bracelet. I'd seen two charms online that I really liked, one was New York themed and the other was a simple silver pendant with the word Strength engraved. I feel like this charm is very fitting for me because there has been a fair few down moments in my life but I haven't let them keep me down. Somehow, I've always managed to rise up stronger than before. It was perfect and since I hadn't spent very much of my birthday money I decided to make a few purchases; there was a 20% discount for students as well so how could I say no?

They didn't have the New York charm in stock but they did have the Strength charm and a necklace I'd also seen and liked online. I was saving £40 so I ended up buying both the charm and the necklace. Thomas Sabo charms are designed to be interchangeable between various necklaces and bracelets. This means I can wear the Strength charm on my necklace or on my bracelet. I absolutely love this necklace, it means a great deal to me and I cannot wait to wear it as much as possible.

So many incredible offers at this student event made it impossible for me to take advantage of them all. I did take a little visit to Lush before I headed home and might made a few sneaky purchases but I'll save those for another post. I wouldn't have been able to purchase anywhere near as much as I did today without the student discounts so if you don't have a Unidays account, I recommend signing up as soon as possible. Us student need all the discounts we can get!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment