Tuesday 31 May 2016

May Favourites | 2016

With each month passing, deciding my monthly favourites has become increasingly difficult. I tend to stick with what I am familiar with and what I like compared to trying new things; therefore, there is never that many favourites to include in my posts. Nevertheless, I have managed a list of nine favourites ranging from Beauty to Film and TV, with some random things in there too. 

Beauty

The first product I have been loving this month is the Bubblegum Jelly Belly Body Wash! I am someone who loves anything with the scent or taste of bubblegum, so when I seen this in my local Home Bargains, I was thrilled! Usually the Jelly Belly products are quite pricey so I was expecting the body wash to be around £6. Much to my delight, Home Bargains was selling the body wash for £1, I definitely picked up a good few at that price! I picked up the Cherry and the Bubblegum ones as I love both of those scents but the Bubblegum one is definitely my favourite of the two. It's smells like you are washing with sweets!

You can probably tell I am a fan of the brand Nivea because I use quite a few of their products; I particularly love their Facial Scrub. However, their Refreshing Facial Gel is the perfect thing to wake you up in the morning. It supports your skin's natural moisture balance and contains vitamin E. Vitamin E is an antioxidant, provides protection for cells and cell membranes and is also thought to have anti-aging qualities. I have been using this product every morning and it certainly cleanses my skin and wakes me up but still leaves my skin slightly moisturised. You wet your face before applying this gel and as soon as you begin rub it into your face, it becomes a soapy foam, you then rinse off the product with luke warm water. It doesn't have a thick or greasy consistency which is a pet hate of mine so I love this product so far.

The last products I have been loving aren't really brand specific, I do have the Rimmel Lasting Finish 1000 Kisses Lip Tint in the colour Nothing But Nude in the picture above and a Seventeen Lip Stick in the shade Honey Blossom but it is really any lip products in a Coral shade that I have been loving this month. The weather has been really nice, sunny and warm (surprisingly) so I have been reaching for more summery and brighter shades to wear, nothing too harsh or dark for once.

TV & Film

Most of you will know that I am a little bit of a fan of a show on The CW called The 100. Wait, that's a lie. I am a HUGE fan of the show, most people would say I am obsessed with it. If I am being honest with myself, I would have to agree that I have an obsession with The 100. It is AMAZING and I could not recommend it enough! The writers have made some poor choices with killing off certain characters in terrible, badly written ways (including my beloved which left me heartbroken) but, I persevered and continued watching. Despite the lack of certain, amazing characters, the show is still really good and keeps you on edge for the majority of episodes. If you haven't watched it, or are reluctant because of some of the bad press that has accumulated against the show, I would still recommend giving it a go!

I am currently up north in a small village called Kenmore. I mentioned in my previous blog post that my brother, his girlfriend, my mum and I all watched the film Sisters together. The film stars Amy Poehler and Tina Fey and is hilarious! The plot line is two disconnected sisters brought together when their parents decide to sell the childhood home. The girls decide to recapture their youth and throw one last party for them and all their old school mates. The party turns chaotic and very, very messy. I was laughing from start to finish throughout this film. If you like Celebrity Juice or humor similar, then you will find it hard not to like Sisters.


Random

I have three random favourites this month, two are hair related and one is a website. I'll start with the website, Tumblr. I have had Tumblr for years and years and I love it. Yes it has a darker side to it but you will only find it if that is what you are looking for. Other than that, Tumblr is just a great way to express what you are interested in. I am in love with the way mine looks just now, I just think it is incredibly aesthetic. Containing posts from ballet and blog posts to scenic views and television shows (including a significant amount of The 100), there is a lot of variety. I'll leave a link to my Tumblr at the end of the post but for now, here are some sneak peaks.


My last favourites this month are braids and hair accessories. I have naturally curly hair so adding a few braids here and there actually looks quite cool. I did want to add braids into my hair initially because of the hairstyles of the characters on The 100. In my defence, I have always loved braids and used to have my hair in lots of braids all the time when I was younger, The 100 just influenced my decision a tiny, little bit. Along with the braids, I have been adding different hair rings and hair cuffs throughout my hair. I love styling my hair like this and it does make me look a bit like a character from The 100; even more so when I use a certain, favourite Snapchat filter of mine that just happens to be the war paint of my favourite character!


June contains a couple events for me on a First Aid related basis but nothing much on a personal level. I will be planning my 21st birthday party throughout the course of June which is very exciting but also quite stressful! I am blogging each day I spend here, up north, in Kenmore so I'd love for you to read about what I get up to up here. If you watch or try any of the things I've loved this month, let me know and if you want to check out my Tumblr, which I would love you to do, my Tumblr is www.lifewithlauren1012.tumblr.com
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment