Saturday 7 February 2015

January Favourites :)

I cannot believe that January 2015 is over already, this year is flying by so far! January for me was reasonably eventful, with four family birthday's, volunteering, two university exams and then going back to university at the end of January, it's safe to say I was kept well and truly busy. Despite this, throughout the course of the month I did find myself absolutely loving a few different items.
 
A purchase from last month and a rediscovered item from one of my drawers are the first things I am going to talk about as I have been wearing them both constantly! I have trouble getting to sleep normally but even more so this month and something I have found to be helping is an eye-mask I had purchased a while back from New Look. This simple little thing has not only been allowing me to fall asleep a lot quicker, but to stay asleep as well. The thumper jumper I purchased from Primark for a measly £2 has been worn nearly every day since I got it. It is so soft and oversized, keeps me warm and looks cute as well which is always an added bonus. 

 I decided to switch the type of shampoo & conditioner that I was using from TGI Catwalk to TIGI Bed Head instead and so far I love this product, from the way it makes my hair feel to the sweet smell it has.
 Nivea is a staple company for me when it comes to skincare and they never disappoint. One of my aspirations for 2015 (which I have written a blog post on) was to develop and stick to a proper skincare routine. Three of the products that I use are the Nivea Make-Up remover, Exfoliating Scrub and Night Cream which makes your face feel incredibly soft when you wake up in the morning.
 

Kylie Minogue is a music artist that I heard a lot around the house growing up so naturally she became one of my favourite artists to listen to. Back in November 2014 I was lucky enough to see her perform live for the second time (the first being in 2011) and she certainly did not disappoint. Since then I have been loving her music even more, especially her most recent album 'Kiss Me Once'. Jessie J is also one of my favourite artists and I was lucky to be able to purchase a ticket to see her this month but unfortunately her concert was postponed until next month, however, that didn't stop me listening to her constantly the past four weeks and having her newest album 'Sweet Talker' playing all the time (not pictured).
 
Make-Up wise Rimmel London has definitely been creeping back into my collection. I was becoming less keen on the foundation I was using previously by the day and decided to start using the Rimmel Lasting Perfection Foundation in Ivory that I received for Christmas. This product is much better than the foundation I was using before, giving me more coverage and moisture at the same time. The shade also fits my skin colour a lot better than the old foundation as well, which is a difficult thing for me to find in a foundation as I have very pale skin. Paired with the foundation is a staple that I have been using for years and it is the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 001 Translucent. As for eyes and nails, something extremely affordable and really good value for money is the H&M Eye Shadow Duo with a slightly shimmering gold and a brown colour, paired together, a very natural but pretty smoky eye look can be achieved and from New Looks nail polish range Pure Colour, the shades 'Sweet Rose' and 'Shell Pink' can create a lovely Rose Gold shade when used together. 
 
Another thing I have been loving this month is candles. I have about 6 generously sized candles and a lot of smaller ones from various companies that will last me right through until spring time (I hope). This month in particular though I have been burning the Yankee Candle scent 'Vanilla Chai' with a Chupa Chup candle my friend did not want in the Scent 'Cherry Frenzy'. I love anything that smells of cherry, spices and vanilla, so these two candles where perfect for me to have. The two scents burning together create the perfect wintery smell for my room, a great scent for after Christmas that isn't to strong but is powerful enough to fill a whole room with the delicious fragrance. I will definitely be burning more of these candles before we exit the wintery season I think.
 
 
Tying in with my resolution to become a little healthier and fitter are my final two favourites. Strawberries seem to be in season at the moment as my fridge is constantly full of them. I have been eating strawberries with my breakfast, lunch and as a snack in the afternoon sometimes as well. I have also been doing a lot more walking outwith walking the dogs and I have been absolutely loving it, especially when the scenery looks like it does! (right). Where I live there are two reservoirs very close and they are both currently completely frozen over and look beautiful. I will admit I do have the temptation to stand on the ice but I promise I will just admire the views instead.  
 
 
Thank you for reading about my January Favourites despite how random some where and I'll upload another blog post soon xxx
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment