Friday 1 January 2016

Happy New Year!

Normally, my family and I bring in the New Year together at home and we would always watch the countdown live from Edinburgh on the television. This year I decided to do something different. I was actually in Edinburgh for Hogmany but not as member of the public, as a First Aider. I brought 2016 in doing what I love, with some of the best people I know and it was amazing (and extremely cold).

I left my house at 2pm on the 31st and didn't get home until 7am on the 1st. It was a very, very long and cold night. It was actually reasonably quiet first aid wise despite the volume of people there, I was expecting to treat a lot more people if I'm honest. Despite this, I still managed to miss the countdown and most of the fireworks because I was treating at the time, typical. I did catch a glimpse of the end and I watched the whole performance online earlier today, they looked incredible! The timing was perfect, the fireworks were awesome, it was all just amazing.

There's quite a few memorable points from my night, including somebody approaching me to thank and congratulate me on how fantastic I was in the Disney film Brave because I look like Merida. I've had people tell me I look like her before but I've never had a person actually approach me with a comment like that. Everyone, including me found it hilarious. Another, really good moment was discovering my T in the Park partner from the British Red Cross was there! It was great to see him and have a catch up since we got on really well back in July. However, by far, the best moment of the entire night was the genuine appreciation I received from an individual I treated, it really does make it all worthwhile when you are appreciated on that kind of level.


This post was short and sweet but I just wanted to say Happy New Year to you all, I hope your 2015 was good and that your 2016 will be great, be safe with all your celebrations and enjoy yourself.
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment