Wednesday 6 May 2015

Candles, Candles, Candles :)

I love burning candles, especially in the Autumn and Winter months. Here in Scotland, we are slowly creeping into the more mild, Spring weather and I wanted a few more new and fresh scents to burn, so I picked up a few.


Primark, Tesco,Semi-Chem and Clintons are the main shops that I will go to if I am looking to pick up some more candles. Yes, Clintons is a card shop, but in my town there is a Yankee Candle section in there too; sometimes with a sale on. All the candles that I have purchased over the last few weeks are all extremely different with regards to scent but they are still all quite fresh.

The first shop I went to straight off the bus was Semi-Chem. In Semi-Chem, they have a little more pricey candles like Air Wick and Glade for half the price. I did pick up a couple of candles for my younger brother because he has been getting into candles recently too, but the only one I personally liked was the Air Wick Midnight Berry & Shimmering Mist candle at £2 which is half the price in the supermarkets. This candle is quite sweet and fruity which is why I will probably burn it alone. 

The second shop I went to was Tesco and the two huge candles in the picture above are the candles I bought from there. The purple one is Damson & Pomegranate, has a fruity and floral scent and burns for 85 hours. The orange one is Passion Fruit and Melon and also burns for 85 hours but has more of a fresh and floral scent to it despite the title and ingredients. Both of these candles came in at an absolute bargain of £5 each which is great considering a Yankee candle of the same size would probably be four or five times the price. I also picked up a pack of (27) vanilla tealights for £3 because I like to burn vanilla when I am in the bath and with other really fresh scents to add a little sweetness.

The next shop I went to was Primark. Primark is great for anything cheap, from clothing to home wear. Surprisingly I wasn't too keen on the candles there this time despite loving all the Winter and Christmas candles so I only picked up one small candle, a diffuser and a couple of candle holders. My bedroom is lilac and I have so many Yankee candle samplers so when the lilac candle holders caught my eye, I had to have them. They were only 50p each! Room diffusers are new to me but a few friends use them and loves them so I thought I would give one a try; at £2 you can't really go wrong. There where a few scents available but the only one I quite liked was the Pineapple and Ginger one. The sweet but fresh combination was just right and not too overpowering. The only actual candle I got from Primark was a small Red Berry and Jasmine one that I plan to burn with the Midnight Berry & Shimmering Mist candle from Semi-Chem because it has a very subtle fresh scent. 

The fourth and last shop I went to was Clintons, to have a browse at the Yankee Candle section. To my delight, I found a sampler scent that was given to me as a gift earlier in the year was on sale. The Waikiki Melon scent is definitely a new favourite of mine because I do love melon scents and this one is not over powering as a lot of them can be. I picked up a tealight (12) pack for only £4 in hopes of using them sparingly so they will last me a decent amount of time.


I don't think I will burn as many candles during the Spring and Summer months as I do during the Autumn and Winter months but I do have quite a few fresh scents to choose from. Thanks for reading this post, I do realise that not everybody is a fan of candles but if you are then I hope you liked this post. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment